BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER FOR PHARMA - AFL (A)
- 022345 Requisition #
- Dec 22, 2016 Post Date
- In coordination with the local business management and alignment with country strategy, identify, develop, and implement new opportunities in existing or new markets or new services in the designated industry/ies to grow the business in the Philippines.
- Ensure feasibility and successful delivery of products or services in coordination with business managers, lab managers, operations support managers, and their respective teams.
- Meet annual financial targets both in revenue growth and LC, as set with Division Manager.
- Division Manager
- Develop specific new services and new markets for specified business sectors or identified priority growth industries in the Philippines.
- Conduct and review market analysis to determine customer needs, pricing and trends. Estimate demands for proposed projects based on market research and customer trend.
- Analyze the financial impact of sales of products and services to new and existing customers.
- Monitor the competition’s product development and activities.
- Follow market activity to anticipate new trends and capture business opportunities. Network with key industry players.
- Develop, review and implement policies and procedures for operational / tactical activities as well as strategic business development activities.
- Operate in liaison with business management and operations support team in the resolution of business development & operational matters which impact delivery of service to the customer
- Support Division Manager and or Operations Support Manager in dealing with negotiations, bids, contract development acquisitions and budgeting.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, finance, operations and legal in the development and implementation of strategies, plans and business models, to local and regional management teams, as applicable.
- Design and implement business & operational solutions. Develop and implement marketing plans, campaigns and promotions.
- Participate in the annual budget planning process and strategic management.
- At all times, adopt a safe behaviour by exercising due regard for the health and safety of SGS employees and clients, in line with SGS policies and procedures.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned either in support of departmental goal or for his/her personal or professional training, education or development as programmed by his/her immediate superior.
- Ensures that the team complies with the QHSE policies including but not limited to:
- Demonstrates strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
- In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
- Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
- College graduate (Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, or similar course)
- Degree in Doctor of Medicine an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a Management, Business Development, Pharmaceutical and Analytical position in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in Clinical Research, Biologics, Pharmaceutical and Analytical Development an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and people management skills.
- Proficient in the technical requirements of the business related to testing and inspection.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Selling skills and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in English & Filipino (both written and verbal).