Chemist - Deer Park, TX
- 025901 Requisition #
- Feb 06, 2017 Post Date
Responsible for analysis and reporting of various products such as crude oil, fuel oils, middle distillates, petroleum and petrochemicals, LPG & LNG gases, etc..
– Responsible for all Laboratory analysis (hands-on working on the Bench).
– Understand and keep current with all Laboratory safety and reporting techniques.
– Provide guidance to Laboratory Technicians to maintain proper level of training among Laboratory personnel, which can include supervisory duties.
– Complete all Laboratory reports, as applicable.
– Understand and keep current with all Laboratory analysis methods.
– Responsible for the operation of Gas Chromatograph and other Laboratory equipment.
– Responsible for the maintenance and calibration of Laboratory equipment.
– Position requires a dependable and reliable individual; whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
– Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Science, with emphasis in chemistry or other related field.
• Candidates with transferrable experience will be considered first (petrochemical, petroleum, water, soil, environmental, etc.) as it relates to the responsibilities above.
• Must have a minimum of one (1) year transferable industry experience (not academic) but in a production working laboratory. Candidates with prior experience in the Oil, Gas and Chemical field will be considered first.
• Must be experienced with instrumentation and calibrations.
• Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
• Must be able to work alternate shift with rotational week-ends.
• Position includes overtime and you can be called back to the laboratory during off hours, due to emergency projects.
• Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Acts accordingly to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity.
• Must be able to work with all chemicals, petrochemicals and petroleum products.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
• Excellent time management skills which includes the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, while achieving different deadlines.
• Maintain current knowledge of advances in technology relating to the position.
• Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and other office applications.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.