Conformance Analyst - GIS (TEXTILE)
- 024378 Requisition #
- Feb 13, 2017 Post Date
- Certification Center Supervisor
- Ensures correct and timely Certificate of Conformity (CoC) issuance in relation to the productivity and quality targets of the Certification Center.
- Assess product and/or exporter risk levels, identification of product essential requirements and applicable standards following the Business Rules on conformity assessment, classification, import eligibility and process flows, Conformity Assessment Instructions (CAIs), and other related references.
- Provides quality and technically-based opinion on product standards and product classification and certification.
- Assists in the resolution of standards, classification and certification cases and other requests and or inquiries by utilization of technical expertise on specific goods or commodity.
- Provides applicable product standards and classification opinion on the Report based on the Business Rules, using the SGS proprietary processing software-TradeWorks ® and other similar or related references
- Issues CoC’s based on Business Rules and conformity assessment instructions.
- Formulates Conformity Assessment Instructions based on product safety and performance standards
- Attends to all other operational concerns regarding Report issuance which needs technical and experienced opinion.
- Audits the quality of the information and completeness of the documents and ensures that it is correctly indexed in the system.
- Audits the file administration, standards and classification of the Reports to be issued
- Provides timely and effective responses to the network in relation to inquiries concerning essential product requirements, standards, and classification and also service request inquiries.
- Conducts comprehensive investigation and evaluation of files with standards and classification disputes.
- Sends inquiries to the affiliates or Contract Management Offices (CMO) for additional information.
- Elevates cases of non-response status or high risk disputes to Supervisor or Management.
- Prepares Technical Position Paper in defending Standard selection and/or Classification cases based on his/her findings.
- Actively attends and participates in team and company meetings/assemblies
- Interacts with other members of the Product Experts Team he/she belongs in the attainment of the teams objective
- Performs duties or other responsibilities which may be assigned by the Management
- Assist in the maintenance of the Company Quality Management System.
- University degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Knowledge of conformity assessment (accreditation systems, product certification, product testing, inspection protocols and industrial metrology
Experience / Technical knowledge
- Decisive, Assertive and Results Oriented
- Product design, manufacturing and testing knowledge on products related to his field of expertise
- Industrial standardization concepts including international standards development and implementation, i.e. ISO, IEC, EN, ANSI, ASTM etc.
- Quality management principles including: ISO 9001 and ISO 17025
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English and any other languages are an advantage
- Applies judgment and acts according to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity