Environmental Metallurgy Technician
- 021563 Requisition #
- Jan 06, 2017 Post Date
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.
SGS offers market leading geochemical, metallurgical, oil sands, coal and trade services, from 15 locations across the country. Minerals Services is well positioned to serve the mining and energy sectors at every stage, from exploration all the way through to its environmental impact.
This position will conduct a wide variety of testing and analysis on base and precious metal ores, industrial minerals and materials.
This position will conduct a wide variety of standardized geochemical and geotechnical bench scale testing and analysis on base and precious metal ores, tailings, waste rocks and soils.
This job description applies to Environmental Metallurgy Technicians in the Canadian metallurgical operations, in the technical areas of Environmental Testing.
• Receive, inspect, sort and label client samples.
• Sort, conduct solid/liquid separations and split samples.
• Prepare Chain of Custody documents.
• Conduct routine and experimental testing.
• Record test data and communicate test results.
• Install and operate equipment and systems.
• Calibrate and set up equipment prior to analysis.
• Troubleshoot and maintain equipment.
• Maintain a clean working environment.
• Follow all company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
• Follow all Quality system protocols and report any discrepancies to the Supervisor.
For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional, environment and a very competitive compensation package.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian jobs openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
SGS is the World's Leading Inspection, Testing, Verification & Certification Company
SGS Canada is an Employment Equity Employer
• A post secondary education (diploma and/or degree) in a science related program (Geology, Chemistry, Earth Resources, Geotechnical technology, etc.) is highly desirable
• A minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in a laboratory setting is a strong asset.
• Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
• Must understand the impact of cross contamination and protect the status of data.
• Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (primarily Word, Excel. & Outlook).
• Good time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
• Candidates must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both verbal and written communication.
• Ability to work well with others & independently.
• Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
• Works well under pressure.
• Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.
• Travel to other SGS locations or client location may be required from time to time.
• Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.