Health, Safety & Environment Coordinator
- 024048 Requisition #
- Jan 09, 2017 Post Date
• Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
• Completion of formal Safety Auditor training.
• Sound knowledge of Australian legislation relating to Occupational Health & Safety, Mining and Environment.
• Previous experience in a similar position with multi-business activity.
• National Police Clearance.
• WA C Class Driving Licence.
• Competence in using modern business technology.
• Ability to influence, communicate, negotiate and coach at all levels of the organisation.
• Application of Change Management process.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
• Ability to articulate leadership, cultural and behavioural development strategies.
• High level Excel, Word, Power Point and database management skill.
• Capable of working independently and use initiative.
• Expected to be a contributing team player.
• Ability to sign, understand and abide by the SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
• Will be required to travel to SGS sites on a regular basis, including local, interstate, remote, and regional locations.
• Will be required to maintain a valid drivers licence
• Will be required to pass routine drug and alcohol screens
• Will be required to meet site access requirements, such as federal police clearance.
COMPLIANCE AND AUTHORITY
• Compliant to all SGS QOH&S and HR policies and procedure.
• Responsible for own safety and health at work, and for others at work.
• Must follow lawful instructions from employer for their safety and health.
• Must wear PPE, clothing and safety equipment as instructed.
• Must care for and maintain safety equipment.
• Must report safety or health issues in the workplace.
• Granted sufficient authority to achieve the given responsibilities as per relevant SGS Authority policies.