Laboratory Technician- Remote Mine Site Lab
- 023894 Requisition #
- Dec 30, 2016 Post Date
• Education: BSc. or Diploma in a Science related program or equivalent experience or training
• Experience: Minimum 1 – 3 years of relevant laboratory work experience required
• Previous experience using a variety of Geochemistry instrumentation.
• Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
• Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Good hand/eye coordination when handling samples & lab equipment.
• Must use good judgment to identify and resolve problems on the job. When in difficulty refer problems to his/her supervisor for resolution.
• Intermediate level of creativity required in solving routine problems.
• Able to work well under pressure during high (peak) workloads and balancing conflicting demands of high volume versus the quality of results.
• Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
• Ability to work well with others & independently.
• Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
• Works well under pressure.
• Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.
• Travel to other SGS locations may be required from time to time.
• Fly in fly out- 3W in/ 3W out
• Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
SGS Canada is an Employment Equity Employer. For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional, environment and a very competitive compensation package.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian jobs openings must be authorized to work in Canada.