- 021411 Requisition #
- Jan 03, 2017 Post Date
SGS offers market leading geochemical, metallurgical, oil sands, coal and trade services, from 15 locations across the country. Minerals Services is well positioned to serve the mining and energy sectors at every stage, from exploration all the way through to its environmental impact.
This position will conduct a wide variety of testing and analysis on base and precious metal ores, industrial minerals and materials.
• Receive, inspect, sort and label client samples.
• Sort, crush, pulverize, split, and screen samples.
• Conduct routine testing.
• Record test data and communicate results.
• Carry out routine equipment maintenance.
• Calibrate and setup equipment prior to analysis.
• Install and operate equipment and systems.
• Maintain a clean working environment.
• Follow all company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
• Follow all Quality system protocols and report any discrepancies to the Supervisor.
• May be assigned special or ad hoc projects.
For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional, environment and a very competitive compensation package.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian jobs openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
SGS is the World's Leading Inspection, Testing, Verification & Certification Company
• Good hand/eye coordination when handling samples & various equipment.
• Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
• Incumbents must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint & Outlook).
• Good time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
• Candidates must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both verbal and written communication.
• Ability to work well with others & independently.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Extended hours and shift work may be required from time-to-time.
• Travel to other SGS locations or client location may be required from time to time.
• Must ensure full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.