Petroleum Inspector - Bridgeview, IL
- 023512 Requisition #
- Feb 09, 2017 Post Date
Petroleum Inspectors are responsible for performing quantity determination inspections of ships, barges and pipeline transfers of petroleum, petrochemical and chemical products.
- Physically sample, measure, and take the temperature of vessel’s tanks and shore tanks utilizing a variety of methods dictated by company and API procedures.
- Calculates and reports quantities transferred and perform full reconciliation of same.
- Accurately complete all required reports and forms.
- Work in cooperation with client’s representatives, U.S. Customs, vessel personnel, government agents and shore facility personnel to insure accurate results are achieved.
- Maintain regular communication with office staff with reference to job status, problems, concerns, etc.
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to the latest industry and client procedures and standards as provided by SGS.
- Individual must be dependable and reliable whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
- Operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Statement of Integrity including adhering to all company safety practices.
- Assist in other branch duties as assigned related to back office support and housekeeping.
- High School degree or general education degree (GED). Candidates with prior experience as a Petroleum Inspector, in our industry will have priority.
- Candidates should reside within the immediate area, as you will have to respond to dispatch calls within 45 minutes and be at the location; ready to work.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
- Basic math comprehension with an aptitude for fractions.
- Must have flexible work schedule to work extended or abnormal hours (evenings, weekend / holiday) when needed to meet business commitments. Schedule usually is 6 days on call – 2 days off (on call 24 hours).
- Must be able to travel to multi-locations directly from home / office and travel daily which can lead up to being away from home up to 24 hours at a time.
- All required licenses must be maintained in an active status without suspension or revocation throughout employment.
- Must have insured transportation, with sufficient room to carry equipment; will be provided with vehicle allowance.
- Must be able to perform job duties as it pertains to
1. Working outdoors during adverse weather conditions (rain,
heat, cold, etc.,)
2. Must be able to work in confined spaces.
3. Must be able to climb storage tank ladders and stairs, typically 25 to 65 feet high.
4. Must be able to climb vessel gangways, stairs, ladders, etc.
5. Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds of samples, gear or equipment.
6. Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
Depending on situation, may have to utilize SCBA and / respirator. (Will be trained and fit tested).
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.