- 024959 Requisition #
- Jan 09, 2017 Post Date
Conduct and be accountable for inspection and testing activities in accordance with the customer’s specification, GU specifications and relevant licensor and API requirements.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (Key Accountabilities)
• Prioritise work flow based on GU requirements as deemed necessary to support production.
• Assist in the maintenance of certified calibration equipment.
• Participate in process improvement activities including procedural and corrective actions resolution.
• Prepare the inspection and test reports
• Take instruction from the Quality and Production Manager.
• Inspect manufactured and supplied product to technical drawing specifications and record results.
• Perform and document first off and in process inspection, product and or process.
• Maintain equipment calibration.
• Liaise effectively at all levels, technical and production staff to ensure consistent work flow.
• Provision of technical assistance as required.
• Assist in performing and closing out any investigations related to non-conformance, defects or customer complaints.
• Assist in performing quality audits including internal audits, supplier audits, etc
• Be compliant to all SGS QHSE and HR policies and procedures.
• At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
PROFILE (Qualifications and Experience)
• Trade Certificate (Fitter & Turner/Metal Machinist), Engineering background or extensive exposure to QA/QC inspections
• Experience in a related inspection and testing field
• Understanding of Quality Management Systems
• Knowledge of API 5CT, 6A and 7-1 requirements is advantageous
• Knowledge of Oil and Gas premium threads
• Expected to be a contributing team player
REQUIRED SKILLS (Competencies)
• Read and understand Engineering Drawings, Technical Specifications and Standards
• Use a wide variety of measuring equipment and inspection techniques
• Customer service orientation
• Qualification and experience in Non Destructive Testing is advantageous
• To be a self motivator
• Good computer skills
• Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
• Adaptable and flexible attitude.