Sector Head - CRS
- 013800 Requisition #
- Jan 11, 2017 Post Date
- Division Manager
- To drive the business of the Food and Hardlines sectors focusing on market growth and cost efficiency. Carry out the operational requirement of the sector on existing and new business in all sites where CTS business exists and being developed. Coordinates all communication for global and local SGS PH Division and affiliate concerning food and hardlines. Supports the technical requirement of all existing and new CTS business in Softlines and E&E in all sites where expertise is needed. Responsible for monitoring the division’s compliance to quality plan.
- In charge of all CTS Business operational matters for Food and Hardlines.
- Responsible for communication and coordination with local and International client for their testing and inspection requirement. To include alignment with affiliate for global account.
- Responsible for program accounts, making sure that contract and other related documents are in place and is observed at all times.
- In charge of Guam Project on Food Testing and Inspection in providing technical expertise in audit and inspection
- In charge of the operational programs for all food and Hardlines key clients
- In charge of Food service expansion in Cebu
- Coordinates with the Lab Operations Manager / Admin Operations Manager for any client requirement on reporting and execution.
- Provides Technical assistance for Softlines and E&E in audit .
- Prepares monthly statistics report on the division’s compliance to quality plan requirements and on lead time for proposal to contract conversion.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned either in support of departmental goal or for his/her personal or professional training, education or development as programmed by his/her immediate superior.
- Auditor: Code of conduct, WRAP, Tesco-ETI, C-TPAT, TAPA and various client standard audits
- Prepares service offer to Local and International clients of CTS Food and Hardlines section calls for offer
- Review reports, invoices and approve in the absence of the manager
- Responsible for responding on all complaints/claims
- Complies with the QHSE policies including but not limited to:
- Maintains a sound understanding of QHSE management techniques and the commitment to deliver QHSE performance that meets the expectations of SGS.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of and commitment to Group and Divisional QHSE Targets and Objectives by setting, monitoring and formally reporting local Targets and Objectives.
- Balances production and cost control demands with QHSE needs while not allowing one to become subordinate to the other.
- Ensures risk assessments are completed for all routine and non routine activities.
- Ensures Safe Working Methods are in place and applied in all operations and as identified by contract.
- Identifies client and project QHSE requirements and ensures these are built into the work while supporting the Group QHSE Management System.
- Ensures that suppliers / contractors are apprised of relevant QHSE requirements and that any adverse QHSE impacts of their activities or products are managed and minimized.
- Identifies and provides relevant QHSE training for their personnel.
- Actively promotes good housekeeping and safe use of equipment.
- Participates in incident investigations involving their department personnel.
- Assists QHSE staff in the completion of department QHSE audits.
- Education: College graduate (any 4-year business course preferably in the field of Engineering)
- 2-3years experience in Consumer Testing Services
- Communication and computer skills Qualified auditor in the following fields: