Technical Sales Specialist - CRS
- 013797 Requisition #
- Jan 11, 2017 Post Date
- Sales Manager
- Generate and capitalise on new sales opportunities in order to meet required revenue targets within defined areas of responsibility.
- Prepare individual sales action plans in line with the overall sales strategy to ensure a targeted and focused approach that consistently contributes to the overall growth aims of the business.
- In conjunction with overall sales strategy, create sales plans to grow SGS revenue for designated industry, market segment, accounts and/or geographical location.
- Identify, research, plan contact potential clients to establish new business in order to achieve targeted revenue growth
- Anticipate, identify, and understand client’s needs and pains and translate those into sales opportunities
- Prepare quotations, service agreements, and tenders within set deadlines
- Ensure timely and professional submission of all information as requested by clients, ensure follow-up
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate reports of sales activities, especially client visits/calls
- Resolve customer complaints by addressing problems, facilitating the development of solutions, preparing reports and making recommendations to managers
- Monitor customer satisfaction
- Maintain positive relationships with current and potential clients through regular contacts
- Liaise with technical/operations teams to ensure excellent communication channels exist to facilitate the successful handover and execution of the new and current business.
- Support marketing strategy and business development teams as appropriate
- Track competitor activity
- Assist in invoicing and provide support to collection as determined by the Business Manager
- Maintain awareness and understanding of all SGS services, ensuring that the full range of SGS services are presented to new and existing clients to maximize sales opportunities
- Forward potential opportunities to other Business Lines as appropriate and promote collaboration to ensure successful conversion.
- At all times, adopt a safe behaviour by exercising due regard for the health and safety of SGS employees and clients, in line with SGS policies and procedures
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned either in support of departmental goals or for his/her personal or professional training, education or development as programmed by his/her immediate superior.
- Complies with the QHSE policies including but not limited to:
- Demonstrates strong commitment to SGS QHSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to QHSE.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
- In accordance with the SGS QHSE Management System requirements, disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
- Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
- Uses all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and reports any damaged / lost equipment to supervisor.
- Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
- Maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, QHSE Representatives or relevant client / site contact.
- Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management.
- College graduate of any business, marketing, chemical or related course.